Hebraic roots of Worship.
ABRAHAM: A True Worshipper of God who had a deep revelation and relationship with ABBA The Father God.
His example to us is that worship is was a way of living.
This is just a brief summary on preaching notes for Abraham The Worshipper. Here are some points for you to meditate and reflect on all from the book of Genesis 12 through to chapter 25.
1. Abraham the Father of Faith,
2. The friend of God,
3. The Worshipper.
4. The Father.
5. The Warrior. (Leader of a 200 strong household army)
6. A man of justice and righteousness
7. The intercessor .
8. He knew God’s voice and obeyed instructions
9 . A blessing to all nations.
10. A man of great hospitality.
11. He entertained angels.
12. He cared for the poor and strangers.
13. He looked after and stood for his family (including Lot)
14. He left his homeland and kindred on the leading of God’s voice.
15. He built altars and offered up sacrifices and praises to God.
16. He obeyed God’s instructions regarding his whole household.
17. Abraham was separated from the world for God.
18. Abraham dedicated everything He Had to God (including Isaac, to the point He was willing to sacrifice him at the command of God) yet saying, God will raise him from the dead, for he knew God’s heart.
19. Abraham knew God was his provider (Jehovah Jireh).
20. Abraham had total dependency on God.
21. God kept His Covenant with Abraham regarding all nations, and today Christians in every nation on earth, Jews and Arabs are all Abraham’s descendents (seed).
22. Abraham was saw glimpse of the coming Messiah on Mount Marai and he said: God will provide a Lamb ! John 8:56 Abraham rejoiced to see my day; and he saw it and was glad.
23. Abraham walked with God on a daily basis, he lived his life in communion with him.
Must most of all he withheld NOTHING FROM GOD, even His son Isaac, the son of The Promise ? Yes Abraham got to a place in his life where He TRUSTED God with everything and this is when God said: Abraham is my friend. He wavered not at the promises of God, but stood stedfast in His faith, that God was able to do what He said He would do.
Abraham a true Worshipper of God.
Matthew 1;1 The book of the generations of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
John 8:39... Jesus said: If you are Abraham’s children you would do the works of Abraham.
Galatians 3;6 Even as Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
What we learn from Abraham: is true Worship will cost you everything ! To give up what we have, for what God wants to give us. Not our will, but His will be done.
His journey began at Genesis 12:1-3 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, get thee out of thy country and from your kindred and from you father’s house, unto a land that I will show you. 2: And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great and you shall be a blessing. 3: And I will bless them that bless you and curse him that curses you and in you shall all families of the earth be blessed. 4: So Abram departed........
Galatians 3:29 And if you be Christ’s then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.
Galatians 4;22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one of a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Matthew 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, of Isaac and the God of Jacob, God is not the God of the dead but of the living !
John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, verily, verily I say unto you, before Abraham was, I AM.
Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the all nations through Jesus Christ (Yeshua The Messiah); that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
James 2: 18 But someone will say ,”You have faith, and I have works”. Show me your faith without your works and I will show you my faith by my works. 19: You believe that there is one God. You do well . Even the demons believe and tremble ! 20: But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead ? 21: Was not Abraham our father justififed by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar ? 22: Do you see that faith was working together with his works and by works faith was made perfect? 23: And the scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him for righteousness. And he was called the friend of God. 24: You see then that a man is justified by works and not by faith only.
Matthew 7 ... 20: Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
John 4: 22;23 You worship what you don’t know, we know what we worship; for salvation is of the Jews. 23: But the hour comes and now is when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in Spirit and in truth; for the Father seeketh such to worship Him.
John 4:25: God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must Worship Him in spirit and in truth.
Notes by: Madeleine Kerzner